BUT - Last week we ordered a care package to be sent to Savannah. This wonderful woman who lives in China and speaks fluent English offers a service to adoptive parents. She puts the care packages together for your child and ships it to the orphanage. You can order lots of different things. The pictures below are the things that we sent. Savannah should have them in a few days. We got two disposable cameras, which the foster family and/or orphanage can use to take pictures between now and "Gotcha day." We'll get those developed in China. We also ordered a sweet little outfit, some tea for the nannies, a toy, a blankie, and a plush photo album. Photos of our family will be in the photo album, with Chinese characters explaining who we are. The nannies, or foster family, will be able to show them to Savannah, and talk to her about us. I sure do hope it helps with her transition. 




2 comments:
I know the excitement is almost overwhelming at times and you and your family are doing a beautiful job handling the stress. I don't know that I could do as well as you all have!! What a beautiful woman to do the care packages for those children and to do what she can to ease the transition. This must be terrifying for them. You made lovely choices for her and I'm sure she will feel the love emanating from each item you chose! My prayers continue to be with all of you!! I love you dearly!!
Cute outfit! It does feel nice to be able to send a package, doesn't it?
Post a Comment