Days since Referral!!!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

i800a approval is coming!!!

Quick post - I just spoke with a VERY nice lady in the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Service - a division of Homeland Security). All international adoptions have to be approved by these folks. This is the paperwork we have been waiting on. She said that she would be approving our i800a TODAY!!!!! Sometimes, it takes up to 90 days to get this approval, and today is day 30 since we mailed our application. We'll see how many days it takes to get here.

Next step: filling out the regular old i800. That one is child-specific, whereas the i800a is an application for the couple to bring any foreign born child into the country. If I have my information correct, once the i800 (next set of papers) gets approved, it gets sent to China. The i800 supposedly gets approved much faster than the i800a, so maybe only a couple of weeks. Then China sends us TA - or "Travel Approval!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Meanwhile, we're still fundraising, hoping to have enough for all 4 of us to go to China. We apply for visas for all of us. We pack. We pray. We plan. WE GET HER STUFF READY!!! I love being a mommy. :D

In review:

1. i800a - done
2. i800
3. TA
4. GO GET MY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! I can sense your excitement in every update!!