It's been a while since my last post. I don't do it very often, but once in a while, there is something that happens that I must share with anyone who will read it. This is one of those times.
Lauren (our 14-year-old) came to me the other day and told me that she had written a poem in her prayer journal. She seems to like to write, so this wasn't really unusual. I did not ask to read it, and she did not offer to share, so the conversation ended there.
Then, last night she came to me and Kenneth and had her journal with her. She said she wanted us to read her poem. The following is what we found - unedited.
Untitled Poem
We're outside
playing on a summer's day,
And rain is far,
far away,
And it seems that
good times are here to stay,
But there's something missing.......
Outside's cold, but
cocoa's hot,
Family time I love
a lot,
Telling stories, jokes
and riddles
Really tend to make
me giggle,
But part of me is empty.......
Us four Butlers on the bed,
And silly Matthew bangs his head!
I laugh until my face is red -
But what's still missing?
For the answer I look to heaven,
For maybe God has words to leaven
And fill my empty soul.
"Dear child, what you desire
is only a fifth,
to love and care for;
for you to be with.
Be patient, little one.
For you will have to wait a while,
But I am creating the perfect child.
No longer will you feel so empty and sad.
For you'll have Savannah to make you glad."
So now I wait sweetly, patient and true,
Till I can leave and come and get you.
Oh, and this waiting takes a very long time,
But it's all worth it, 'cause someday you'll be mine.
And then,
Only then,
Will nothing be left empty.
Written by Lauren
For Savannah
3/11/07
Just wanted to share that. Thanks for reading. Jami
Lauren (our 14-year-old) came to me the other day and told me that she had written a poem in her prayer journal. She seems to like to write, so this wasn't really unusual. I did not ask to read it, and she did not offer to share, so the conversation ended there.
Then, last night she came to me and Kenneth and had her journal with her. She said she wanted us to read her poem. The following is what we found - unedited.
Untitled Poem
We're outside
playing on a summer's day,
And rain is far,
far away,
And it seems that
good times are here to stay,
But there's something missing.......
Outside's cold, but
cocoa's hot,
Family time I love
a lot,
Telling stories, jokes
and riddles
Really tend to make
me giggle,
But part of me is empty.......
Us four Butlers on the bed,
And silly Matthew bangs his head!
I laugh until my face is red -
But what's still missing?
For the answer I look to heaven,
For maybe God has words to leaven
And fill my empty soul.
"Dear child, what you desire
is only a fifth,
to love and care for;
for you to be with.
Be patient, little one.
For you will have to wait a while,
But I am creating the perfect child.
No longer will you feel so empty and sad.
For you'll have Savannah to make you glad."
So now I wait sweetly, patient and true,
Till I can leave and come and get you.
Oh, and this waiting takes a very long time,
But it's all worth it, 'cause someday you'll be mine.
And then,
Only then,
Will nothing be left empty.
Written by Lauren
For Savannah
3/11/07
Just wanted to share that. Thanks for reading. Jami


7 comments:
What a BEAUTIFUL poem!!! You have a very talented, loving daughter that I am quit sure Savannah will look up to when she's finally home. :)
Thank you VERY much for sharing this!!
His,
Shari Upchurch
Jami,
What a beautiful poem! I know you must be so proud of Lauren. She is going to be such a great big sister to Savannah. Tell her she brought sunshine to my Monday morning with her poem. ;)
Angie
Great job, Lauren. Thank you for sharing this with me. I loved seeing your picture, too. You are a talented, beautiful young lady. I'm very proud to have been your teacher. Judy Bauer
WoW Lauren, you are very tallented. What a wonderful gift you have.
Leslei
How special. Lauren has a gift. May she continue to express herself this way.
Awww...your Savannah will be a blessed little girl to have such a wonderful big sister! That was precious, and you could just feel her heart and her faith. What a blessing she must be to you!
In Him,
Dana (Ladybug friend)
What a beautiful poem! I'm sure Lauren has expressed what so many feel with the long wait!
Blessings,
Ruth
Post a Comment