Days since Referral!!!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy 2007!

Happy New Year! I'd like to start this post wallowing in "waiting" self pity, but would rather just get on with life, and share my joy with anyone reading this. (If you want to know more about why we are waiting so long, go to http://www.adoptionvoyages.com/Savannah/ for the whole story. Read our updates.) This post is mainly for my ladybug friends, due to the photos that follow.

Leslie expressed interest in seeing photos of my (Savannah's) new blanket, so I took pictures of it. That started something, so here are some photos of some of the Ladybug accessories that Kenneth and I have acquired thus far. Savannah will either grow to love ladybugs, as we do, or she will hate them for the rest of her life! Oh well.... While she's little, we can drape ladybug stuff all over her, and there's nothing she can do about it! LOL

Anyway, here you go.
Here is the ladybug display in Savannah's crib.


These are photos of the blanket my sister gave me for Christmas. It is a large (in infant world) flannel blanket with Savannah's name and little hearts sewn into the edges of the blanket. It was my favorite gift of the season.

This is a ladybug blanket I found on ebay and just had to have. It's made by Gymboree.

This is a backpack/bookbag (preschool sized). I had it embroidered for Savannah.

It's hard to tell in this photo, but this is a hand made cover for a grocery store buggy seat. It makes the seat soft and germ free! It came with a tote bag, pictured below.

Pooh Bear is modeling Savannah's Ladybug T-shirt. He's keeping it warm for her!

Ladybug luggage - another gift from my sister. This bag will go to China with us!

Kenneth found this hand-made diaper bag on ebay. It even has a changing pad inside!

As you can see, we've gone a little "buggy" with the ladybug stuff. It's just so darn cute! We can't seem to help ourselves. Thanks for looking. Let us know if you come across anything you think we can't live without!

Until next time,

Jami

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, such cute ladybug things! I love everything! What a great gift the precious blanket was. How blessed little Savannah will be.

Happy New Year!

Let's hope for a major wait time speed up in 2007!

Blessings,
Rebecca
www.radicchis.blogspot.com

Tawni said...

I LOVE everything. Isn't it funny what things have now become sentimental to us?? Ladybugs, Fireflies, Panda Bears...But, I agree with you - ladybugs are the best!

I was so thrilled to see your post on my blog! I have lost your e-mail address - will you e-mail me so we can keep in touch?

Thanks for boosting my spirits - you're right - these five months ARE behind us and we never have to repeat them - WHEW!

my e-mail is: tawnicarper@msn.com

t

Donna said...

Jami, where did you find all that cool ladybug stuff?! I'd love to find some of it. I've gone a bit buggy too :)
Donna
www.handsful.com