Hi, all. It is May 16, 2007. As of yesterday, we are 9 full months into our wait for a referral from China. We have no idea at this point how long we will be waiting. My latest prayer is that we will travel to China next spring, before the 2008 Olympics, which will be held in Beijing. I would also love it if we traveled in the spring because that would give us all summer to bond with Savannah before she has to go into a child care setting.
My last post was Lauren's poem to Savannah. It still says it all. Our fifth family member is missing. She is in our hearts, and has been for so long now. Her room is ready, she has more clothes than you can imagine. She even has 3 asian baby dolls - just waiting to be played with. All we need is a daughter/sister to fill the bed, the clothes, and to play with the dolls. The wait for her is getting draining, depressing, and hard. I have another list of prayer requests. (I listed several a few posts ago, and they are still valid requests.) If you will, please pray that God will provide peace while we wait. Pray that the timing for Savannah's homecoming be perfect - His will, not ours. Pray that Kenneth and I make wise decisions about our family life while we wait. Pray that when our dossier hits the desk of a CCAA worker, that all the forms and papers will be approved with haste - no questions asked. (Sometimes the CCAA - China Center for Adoption Affairs - asks for clarification or updated paperwork. This would slow the process even more.)
That's really all I have right now as far as the adoption progress is concerned. Feel free to comment - we love to hear from friends and family.
Love to all,
Jami
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hey guys! Congrats on making it to the 9 month mark! Praying for you and a huge speed up for us all! I understand how hard and draining this is...I just keep praying that one day soon this is all going to be a distant memory as we are holding our sweet baby girls.
Angie
Post a Comment